Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tacite

I took Latin last year and I forgot most of everything I learned.
I really only took it because I wanted to build my vocabulary. The teacher was kind of weird too. He cut his own hair and wore the same pleated pants every few days with a musky colored polo shirt. He also had a weird slurring problem and he would slurp up his spit mid-sentence. I couldn't wait to get out of his class because it really bothered me. The only cool thing about him was he liked William Burroughs and he interviewed Allen Ginsberg once.

I always wonder about my teachers' sex lives Ms. Owens used to give me vague details of hers, which was really uncomfortable for me because she would show me pictures of the guys she'd go out with so I'd have a nice little visual. Oh god... Anyway, I especially wonder about my English teacher, Mr. Mason, because he doesn't really seem like a teacher to me. I just picture him as an ordinary man who stands in front of our classroom and talks about how incredibly good-looking he is. I think he moved me to the back of the room because he caught me staring at his you-know-where... I couldnt help it though. I wasn't really thinking anything sexual, it just happened that his crotch was level with my field of vision. So I would unintentionally stare and daydream. Regardless, he is my favorite teacher of all time. Hands down.

I've started about seven books this year and I haven't been able to finish any of them.
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Rebel: The Life and Legend of James Dean by James Spoto
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
The Tracey Fragments by Maureen Medved
Naked Lunch by William Burroughs

Most of these books I've read once or twice before, but I like rereading books because it's different every time.

4 comments:

  1. Mein kampf? that's pretty heavy, i personally like the catcher in the rye :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I. Not sure who I was trying to impress when i bought that one. But it's a pretty slow read.

    Catcher in the rye is my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teacher crotch thing was so funny. I was cracking up.

    I heard Catcher in the Rye was amazing...unfortunately, I haven't even read it ONCE.

    Shame on me...:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha oh gossh

    You gotta read it, it's pretty darn good

    ReplyDelete