Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fare thee well

What would you say if you were on your deathbed right now?
Would you apologize to everyone you were mean to? Would you expect those people to apologize to you?
Would you tell everyone how grateful you are and how much you love them?
Or will you tell them how much you regret not acting upon you're impulses or desires?

If I were on my deathbed, I would be terribly scared. But I'd also be at a happy peace with nature, just knowing that I won't have to deal with the depressions of the World. This Earth is going everywhere but up, I wouldn't want to be living here within the next 20-30 years. Who knows what kind of power pollution will have then?

I don't really know what I'd say, though. I would probably make amends with my first friends in high school. I think I'd apologize to a lot of people that had once a significant place in my life. I'd apologize for being an awful person and just forgetting them as if we never knew each other. It sucks, because now thinking back on all my friends, I miss every single one of them.

I think I'm satisfied with my life, I mean I'm only seventeen, so what can I really do besides smoke weed and go to school? I'm content with my friends right now and I have some cool parents. I'd be sad to leave these people behind but I think when you die, you're somehow reunited with other humans in a spiritual world.

My heaven consists of a grassy hill with a large apple tree; ripe apples fallen on the ground, resting silently in the grass. Lauren, the old family dog, will be waiting for my arrival. He'll greet me cheerfully and we'll lay in the comfort of the tree's shade.
I think it is in heaven where I will become more literate and more of an intellectual. I'll stop caring about other people and I'll just wait patiently to meet my friends and family again. My heaven is a place that I would choose over any other, any day.

So may I, and will I definitely, rest in sweet peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment